Friday, January 27, 2012

What do you like most about The Walking Dead?

I like the relationships. I particularly like the bromance between Rick and Shane.



I've just been more into shows where the relationship between the characters plays a big role.



Who's your favorite character? Least fav?



%26amp; the father and son from the first episode in season one, do you think we'll see more of them this season? I was confused as to why they're part of the cast during the first season on the website, but we only saw them in that one episode.What do you like most about The Walking Dead?
I don't really know why I like the show, I started watching it because an actor I like was in it, and now I just really love it! I think part of me just keeps watching it to figure out the characters' back stories, like why they are the person they are, what makes them tick, because even though the show is about a zombie apocalypse, there's character development there, where people have different principles and morals and things holding them back.

I don't like Shane, he just seems sneaky and two-faced. If he's willing to try and get with his best friend's wife even after he knew that he wasn't dead, I wouldn't trust him to not double cross the group when the **** hit the fan.

I have two favorite characters: Daryl and Glenn, but Daryl just a tad bit more. I love Daryl because he's hotheaded, but he can still be logical, and he's the best at survival. I don't think he's prejudiced like his brother, if he were, he wouldn't have saved T Dog like he did. I also think he has a stronger moral compass than we're led to believe. I love Glenn because he's goofy and has fun, even though the world's turned to **** around them. (He was soooo excited to steal that nice car :P) He just takes away a little tension at the right moments.

I have no idea if they're going to bring the father and son back, but I hope they do because that's a story line that they would have just let die, and I feel like they sort of did that with Merle at the end of the first season. (Although I know they're bringing him back later in this season)What do you like most about The Walking Dead?
I initially started watching the show because the concept of a zombie apocalypse has always intrigued me, but once I got into it the characters are what really captured my interest. Unlike most zombie flicks this one didn't focus so much on the blood and gore aspect of it but what the characters go through and the decisions they make while living in such a world ravaged by death, a world with no guarantee of ever overcoming the undead. The people are mainly fueled by their love for one another, and like any apocalyptic world each other is all that matters. I love that, especially since in the real world we live in it seems that material objects are coming before the people we care about. We take advantage of the fact that those people will always be there, the characters from the walking dead have learned to live with the fact that the people they've learned to care for might not always be around but the time they spend with them now is what matters.



Though I like every character in the show in their own way, I especially like Glenn. His past is much of a mystery and so far as we know everyone he knows is dead, yet he remains to be one of the most hopeful and uniting individuals within the group.

I also like Daryll, aside from the fact that he can be an asshole. I like him because he has purpose. He knows how to get things done when no one can admit to themselves that this is what has to be in order to survive. For example: The bitten Joe situation. While he might have been wrong to just outright kill the guy, he had it right in the fact that Joe was bitten and therefore a danger to everyone- he had to die. Daryll's relationship with his brother also seems very loyal and loving aside from the assholery side of it again. I always appreciate a good slightly dysfunctional sibling relationship.

My least favorite charcter is Ed, simply because he's a deuche and I'm glad he's dead. I'm also not all that much of a fan of Merl (I think that's how you spell it) even if I like Daryll.



As for Morgan and his son, I'm pretty sure they'll be back in the future if not this season. It all depends on whether they've gotten Rick's transmissions. I also think we'll be seeing Guierrmo again.

No comments:

Post a Comment