Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why do I keep dreaming of the walking dead?

For the last about 10 years, I have had on and off dreams of trying to escape the Living dead. I guess it all started when I saw the movie "Return of the Living Dead," but the dreams themselves are not about the movie, just the idea of escaping these creatures. I've since been fasinated by the idea and have even prepared myself for such a fantastic event, but psycologically, I have no idea what these dreams symbolize.Why do I keep dreaming of the walking dead?
According to Dreamcrowd:



To dream that you are walking with ease, represents the way you are moving through life and progress toward your goals. Consider your destination. To dream that you have difficulties walking, indicates that you are reluctant and hesitant in proceeding forward in some situation. You may also be trying to distance yourself from certain life experiences. The difficulty in walking is a reflection of your current situation and the obstacles that you are experiencing.



To see the dead in your dream, forewarns that you are being influenced by negative people and are hanging around the wrong crowd. You may suffer material loss. This dream may also be a way for you to resolve your feelings with those who have passed on. If you dream of a person who has died a long time ago, then it suggests that a current situation or relationship in you life resembles the quality of that deceased person. The dream may depict how you need to let this situation or relationship die and end it. To see and talk with your dead parents in your dreams, represents your fears of losing them or your way of coping with the loss. You may want that last opportunity to say your final good-byes to them. To see your dead sibling, relative, or friend alive in your dream, indicates that you miss them and are trying to relive your old experiences you had with them. In trying to keep up with the pace of your daily waking life, you dreams may serve as your only outlet in coping and coming to terms with the loss of a loved one.



Try posting your dream on Dreamcrowd for a free interpretation.
i also have dreams of the waking dead......not the movie but trying to escape them or fight them off.....its awfull.....i wake up with my heart beating so fast and my legs cramped....i hate it

Report Abuse

Why do I keep dreaming of the walking dead?
kinda similar 2 me i have these dreams of bloody maryWhy do I keep dreaming of the walking dead?
Well, most of my dreams usually stem off of the things that I think and feel throughout the day. Maybe you should try and not think about such things and think of happier times. If you keep on thinking hard on it, you'll probably just keep on dreaming about it.
just luck I guess, or perhaps your friends are leeches.
answer my ? about my dream
Your mind is "analogous" or reflective of circumstances you dreamt about in the movie. I would suggest you stop allowing any personal weaknesses to control your life or to remain alive and stop you from achieving your goals or feeling secure, and full of self-assurance about yourself.



Stop thinking you are defeated before you even start to do anything to prepare yourself for success in life. Perhaps that's where you are now in the area of success. Stay there, and enjoy life.



Remember that was only a dream. How do you eliminate the walking dead in a movie? By remembering they were only actors told to play a part in a horror flick. The living dead don't exist in real life. They never have and never will.



So live for success and stay positive and focused in your life and toward your future. Later gator.
Are you/have you been feeling unfulfilled in life? Do you mostly just feel like you're going through the motions? Or perhaps just out of touch?



These are things that can cause the walking dead/zombies to appear in our dreams.
Since watching 28 Days Later - I have dreams like you do. I see myself trying to escape these creatures, trying to protect my family, friends, etc. I cannot watch any sorts of these types of movies. When I awake from these dreams, I lay in bed, wondering how I would escape and what I would do. How would I hide myself and my children.



I believe I still have these dreams because a part of me fears that one day it may happen, and I'll find myself in the situations that I am in the dream.
Indeed, movies can lurk into our minds. In some cases, it translate into some symbol. In your case, zombies may symbolize an escape of reality, escape of responsibilities. Some may also there is fear involved. But since you have no problem watching with those movie, that is a escape of above things I mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment